Thank You to all Occupational Therapist for their hard work and dedication!! Oasis Home Health provides Occupational Therapy to patients in their homes.. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the web at www.oasishhi.com...
30 million American adults have Chronic Kidney Disease and millions of others are at increased risk.
What are the symptoms of CKD?Most people may not have any severe symptoms until their kidney disease is advanced. However, you may notice that you:
More then 90% of Colorectal Cancer occurs in patients 50 years and over. Have you had your colorectal screening done? To learn more visit https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/colorectal
Oasis Home Health provides care for patients in their homes. Please call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the web at www.oasishhi.com
According to CDC 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
Heart attacks have several major warning signs and symptoms:
Chest pain or discomfort.
Upper body pain or discomfort in the arms, back, neck, jaw, or upper stomach.
Shortness of breath.
Nausea, lightheadedness, or cold sweats.
Oasis Home Health care provides care for patients in their homes. Please call us at (703) 858-9282 or visit us at www.oasishhi.com.
Heart Attack Signs and SymptomsThere are five major signs and symptoms of a heart attack in women and men.
According to CDC In 2010, approximately 2.7 million persons in the United States aged ≥40 years had glaucoma!!!! 50% of persons with glaucoma are unaware that they have the disease; have a comprehensive, dilated eye exam yearly!!
Oasis Home Health care for patients in their home. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on web at www.oasishhi.com
Congratulations to Oasis Home Health for achieving a 4/5 star Medicare Rating!! Oasis Home Health also achieved a 11.8 Re-Hospitalization rate compared with Virginia Average of 15.9 and National Average of 15.8 per Medicare!!!!!!!
Oasis Home Health services all of Northern Virginia. Call us today for an evaluation at (703) 858-9282.
We are happy to provide you care in the comfort of your home. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the web at www.oasishhi.com.....
1. Brighten the holidays by making your health and safety a priority. Take steps to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy—and ready to enjoy the holidays.
2. Wash hands often to help prevent the spread of germs. It’s flu season. Wash your hands with soap and clean running water for at least 20 seconds.
3. Bundle up to stay dry and warm. Wear appropriate outdoor clothing: light, warm layers, gloves, hats, scarves, and waterproof boots.
4. Manage stress. Give yourself a break if you feel stressed out, overwhelmed, and out of control. Some of the best ways to manage stress are to find support, connect socially, and get plenty of sleep.
5. Don’t drink and drive or let others drink and drive. Whenever anyone drives drunk, they put everyone on the road in danger. Choose not to drink and drive and help others do the same.
6. Be smoke-free. Avoid smoking and secondhand smoke. Smokers have greater health risks because of their tobacco use, but nonsmokers also are at risk when exposed to tobacco smoke.
7. Fasten seat belts while driving or riding in a motor vehicle. Always buckle your children in the car using a child safety seat, booster seat, or seat belt according to their height, weight, and age. Buckle up every time, no matter how short the trip and encourage passengers to do the same.
8. Get exams and screenings. Ask your health care provider what exams you need and when to get them. Update your personal and family history.
Get your vaccinations. Vaccinations help prevent diseases and save lives. Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine each year.
9. Monitor children. Keep potentially dangerous toys, food, drinks, household items, and other objects out of children’s reach. Protect them from drowning, burns, falls, and other potential accidents.
10. Practice fire safety. Most residential fires occur during the winter months, so don’t leave fireplaces, space heaters, food cooking on stoves, or candles unattended. Have an emergency plan and practice it regularly.
11. Prepare food safely. Remember these simple steps: Wash hands and surfaces often, avoid cross-contamination, cook foods to proper temperatures and refrigerate foods promptly.
12. Eat healthy, stay active. Eat fruits and vegetables which pack nutrients and help lower the risk for certain diseases. Limit your portion sizes and foods high in fat, salt, and sugar. Also, be active for at least 2½ hours a week and help kids and teens be active for at least 1 hour a day.
Happy Holidays from oasis Home Health and its Team!! Oasis Home Health provide services to patients in Northern Virginia! Call us today at (703) 858-9282!!!
According to CDC,handwashing can prevent 1 in 3 diarrhea-related sicknesses and 1 in 5 respiratory infections, such as a cold or the flu.
To learn more Visit ttps://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing
Oasis Home Health provides care for patient's in their home. Call us today at (703) 828-6550 or visist us on the webb at www.oasishhi.com
Oasis Home Healthcare,Inc