We are happy to provide you care in the comfort of your home. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the web at www.oasishhi.com.....
1. Brighten the holidays by making your health and safety a priority. Take steps to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy—and ready to enjoy the holidays.
2. Wash hands often to help prevent the spread of germs. It’s flu season. Wash your hands with soap and clean running water for at least 20 seconds.
3. Bundle up to stay dry and warm. Wear appropriate outdoor clothing: light, warm layers, gloves, hats, scarves, and waterproof boots.
4. Manage stress. Give yourself a break if you feel stressed out, overwhelmed, and out of control. Some of the best ways to manage stress are to find support, connect socially, and get plenty of sleep.
5. Don’t drink and drive or let others drink and drive. Whenever anyone drives drunk, they put everyone on the road in danger. Choose not to drink and drive and help others do the same.
6. Be smoke-free. Avoid smoking and secondhand smoke. Smokers have greater health risks because of their tobacco use, but nonsmokers also are at risk when exposed to tobacco smoke.
7. Fasten seat belts while driving or riding in a motor vehicle. Always buckle your children in the car using a child safety seat, booster seat, or seat belt according to their height, weight, and age. Buckle up every time, no matter how short the trip and encourage passengers to do the same.
8. Get exams and screenings. Ask your health care provider what exams you need and when to get them. Update your personal and family history.
Get your vaccinations. Vaccinations help prevent diseases and save lives. Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine each year.
9. Monitor children. Keep potentially dangerous toys, food, drinks, household items, and other objects out of children’s reach. Protect them from drowning, burns, falls, and other potential accidents.
10. Practice fire safety. Most residential fires occur during the winter months, so don’t leave fireplaces, space heaters, food cooking on stoves, or candles unattended. Have an emergency plan and practice it regularly.
11. Prepare food safely. Remember these simple steps: Wash hands and surfaces often, avoid cross-contamination, cook foods to proper temperatures and refrigerate foods promptly.
12. Eat healthy, stay active. Eat fruits and vegetables which pack nutrients and help lower the risk for certain diseases. Limit your portion sizes and foods high in fat, salt, and sugar. Also, be active for at least 2½ hours a week and help kids and teens be active for at least 1 hour a day.
Happy Holidays from oasis Home Health and its Team!! Oasis Home Health provide services to patients in Northern Virginia! Call us today at (703) 858-9282!!!
According to CDC,handwashing can prevent 1 in 3 diarrhea-related sicknesses and 1 in 5 respiratory infections, such as a cold or the flu.
To learn more Visit ttps://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing
Oasis Home Health provides care for patient's in their home. Call us today at (703) 828-6550 or visist us on the webb at www.oasishhi.com
To learn more about GERD, visist https://www.aboutgerd.org/signs-symptoms.html.
Oasis home health provides care for patients in their home. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visist us on the webb at www.oasishhi.com
According to CDC 50,000 people die of pneumonia related deaths each year in the United States. Pneumonia can be prevented with vaccination. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/pneumonia/prevention …pic.twitter.com/Bhucj5Rifr
Oasis Home Health provides care for patients in their homes. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the web at www.oasishhi.com
Have you gotten your flu shot? To learn more abou the flu visist .... https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm
Oasis Home Health Nurses and Therapist provide care for patients in their homes. Call us todayat (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the webb at www.oasishhi.com
Symptoms vary from person to person! To learn more visit https://www.psoriasis.com/what-is-psoriasis…
Oasis home Health provides nursing, PT and OT in patients home. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the Webb at www.oasishhi.com...
These professionals work hard to maintain standard of care provided to us in the community! Thank You for your hard work! Oasis home health and its staff work hard to provide patients quality care everyday in there homes. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit us on the web at www.oasishhi.com
According to American Cancer Society 252,710 will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer....
Symptoms of Breast Cancer can include--
-Any change in the size or the shape of the breast.
-Pain in any area of the breast.
-Nipple discharge other than breast milk (including blood).
-A new lump in the breast or underarm.
If you have any signs that worry you, see your doctor right away.
To learn more visit https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/resources/features/breastcancerawareness/
Oasis Home Health provides Skilled services such as Nursing, PT, OT to patients in the comfort of their homes. Please call today at (703) 858-9282 or visit www.oasishhi.com
Every 66 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s......
To learn more about Alzheimer's Disease visit https://www.cdc.gov/aging/aginginfo/alzheimers.
Oasis Home Health Nurses, ST, PT,OT work hard to provide care for patients at home suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Call us today at (703) 858-9282 or visit www.oasishhi.com for more details.
Oasis Home Healthcare,Inc